Saturday, May 8, 2010

We shopped...and shopped!

Fran picked me up yesterday and we crossed the border into Niagara Falls, NY at approximately 11:30 a.m. By the time we got to the Factory Outlet Mall it was just in time for lunch. We had lovely salads at Applebee's before beginning our quest to find a dress for me for Brent's wedding. After walking and browsing through hundreds of stores (well, maybe not quite hundreds), I bought a couple of sun dresses, two hoodies and a purse. There wasn't even a close contender for a mother-of-the-groom dress to be found! But, that said, we had a wonderful day together.

We crossed back into Canada around 5:30 p.m. and had a scrumptous dinner at Red Lobster. We were very good - we didn't have dessert! Bern was still out when we got back to my place, so Fran and I had a nice cup of tea to finish off a wonderful day.

Bern picks up his new Jeep on Tuesday - he's very excited! It looks like a big box on wheels to me, but to him it's the most beautiful thing! It's silver with a black hard roof, and a soft top (which are both removable) so you can turn it into a convertible on nice days. I told him we should name it "the cottage". The contractor comes on Monday to start erecting the fence and to give us a quote on putting up a deck. Also, we're replacing our furnace and air conditioner, and that starts on Monday as well.

I'm getting out of the house early on Monday for my annual mammogram and ultrasound - this is one time it's the better of two evils, I think. After my doctor appointment, I'm going to Curves - the vacation is OVER! Tuesday, I have a dentist appointment (also a better alternative to being around during construction) - really!

We're going to visit James tomorrow after church. I'm really looking forward to seeing him and going out for supper for Mother's Day. On that note:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
TO MY MOTHER
AND TO ALL THE OTHER
GREAT MOTHERS OUT THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment