Saturday, May 29, 2010

Life is getting busy!

I'm a volunteer! Yes, me! At the monthly Niagara Women's Club meeting I attend with my little church ladies, they announced that a couple of the people who do telephone reminders every month had to retire and so I took that as an opportunity to help out. When Geraldine and Margaret (two ladies on the executive committee) came over for tea on Wednesday, they were so delighted that I had volunteered that I found myself volunteering to design and print the invitations and posters, too! Actually, that was the real job I was after in the first place! I did the invitations and poster for September already - the club stops meeting during the summer and they needed everything for our last meeting on June 15th. Since my house is going to be in a huge mess between next week and the 15th, I decided to get them out of the way. Its too much fun to be work, though. I am able to use my digital scrapbooking skills and that is just fun!!

Today, Dave Smith and his kids are coming out for a BBQ. He is bringing sausages and buns and we will provide pop and chips, etc. He has not seen our new house yet and we have been here two years! Dave has his own plumbing business and has a difficult time getting away. It will be good to see him - he has been a great friend (kind of like another son).

Tomorrow morning, we will head up to the cottage to help Tim and Judy open it up for the season. Bern talked to Tim yesterday and he said they have already been up - they were too excited to stay away after the sale went through. He has already cut the grass, swam in the lake, and fought off black flies! AND, THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! They have invited us to stay for lunch - it will be weird, I suppose, for a little while. On the other hand, I feel so blessed that the place we loved so much has gone to people who will love it just as much.

From the cottage, we are invited to Ray and Shirleys cottage (about 20 minutes from ours). We will stay until Tuesday morning and then we will head to Massey to stay with Jimmy and Jackie for a couple of days, coming back home on Thursday after a little visit with Ted and Lynn in Sudbury. On Friday, Becky and Payge are staying overnight with us. Payge has a dance competition in Buffalo on Saturday, so it makes no sense for them to stay in a hotel when we live so close to Buffalo. Anyway, it is always to great to see them!

So, I hope to have lots of pictures to share next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment