We have a little bird in our nest. We're pretty sure it's a cardinal. It's hard to see inside the nest, but when I looked in yesterday, I could see two unhatched eggs and a little ball of fluffy feathers. We haven't been able to use our front door for weeks and Bern is afraid we're going to wear out our garage door!
We have a new fence! The first year we were here, Bern put up a fence on only one side, and now we're completely fenced in. We finally had a sunny day - but cold. The contractors worked all day long yesterday - and it looks great, huh?
I had a lovely phone call from Brent yesterday (my Mother's Day call). They'd been up north in Tainan visiting Tammy's mother and grandmother on Sunday so he didn't have a chance to call then. The wedding plans are coming along - and for our visit. They've got all kinds of plans for us - I'm getting so excited!!
James is feeling a little better - thank the Lord. I do worry - I know I'm not supposed to worry, but it just happens when you're a mother (or father). He has so much trouble sleeping, so of course he's going to be susceptible to germs when he's over-tired. We're going to visit him next Sunday come hell or high water!
We've had a few contractors in to give us quotes on putting a deck on the side of the house. It's a confusing process in that it's hard to make a choice when each one offers something a little different. Then, just when you think you're ready to choose, another one comes along and you start all over again. I'm letting Bern decide - he knows what I want!
Bern picked up his Jeep this afternoon - of course it was raining which didn't make him very happy. That's not true - he's very happy. We're planning to take it up north at the end of the month when we go to the cottage to help the new owners open it for the summer - then, we may head over to Massey for a few days to check in on Jackie and Jim.
Tammy posted some photos on facebook today. I thought everyone should see how beautiful my new daughter-in-law is. Okay, you know already - but, enjoy the pictures anyway.






No comments:
Post a Comment