It's been so cold, rainy and windy, I fear we may never get summer! We were spoiled in April with unusually wonderful weather - I guess we just assumed it would just keep getting better.
Bern's been suffering with a combination cold and allergies. He's been coughing and coughing, but hasn't been to see a doctor yet. He figures it's viral and the doctor will just tell him to let it run its course. I hope he's right.
Yesterday, we spent a couple of hours at Pleasantview Memorial Gardens - yes, it's a cemetery in Fonthill (just up the road from Welland). We ended up purchasing a rock and two burial plots. I know it sounds weird, but we decided we needed to get this settled in case (or when) one of us passes into the great beyond leaving the other one to make arrangements. Anyway, we actually feel pretty good about it and are planning to visit our little "rock" from time to time - I'll take pictures!
We had a contractor come in the other day to give us a price and suggestions for replacing the carpets upstairs with hardwood - hopefully, that will help lessen Bern's allergy symptoms. We've decided to rip up the livingroom floor and replace the linoleum in the diningroom and kitchen with hardwood as well. He gave us an excellent price and gave me some really good ideas about how to update my kitchen. Our floors will be done in three days starting June 16th. I'll take pictures!
Hurray! We're going to visit James tomorrow after church. We'll probably go out for an early supper before coming back home. The weather man is predicting a sunny day - hopefully, he's right.
Mom was hoping to go home soon, providing Solomon is well enough to travel. I haven't heard whether or not he's been discharged from the hospital, but the fact they're even talking about it gives us hope he's going to be okay. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment