Sunday, November 23, 2008

Uncle John update

I just spoke to my brother John in Florida. He's home from the hospital. He said they put a stent in between his kidney and bladder as a way for the kidney stone to travel out. Nothing's happened so far, but he's not in any pain. Now, it's just a waiting game. He sounded good, though. I told him he needs to call his mother and let her know he's okay - he said he would. It's Sharon's birthday tomorrow - she'll be 54.

We had a lovely day today. I let Bern sleep in this morning since he hasn't been feeling good for a couple of days - very shaky and jittery, with nausea. I know he was getting worried. Anyway, we will go back to church next week.

Fran and Mike arrived around 2:00 p.m. bearing a blueberry pie and a package of candles from Ikea - perfect for Christmas as last year I got rid of all my candles. I'd had them for about 20+ years - it was time! Anyway, they're are 20 white candles in the box. I told her she didn't have to bring a gift every time she comes to visit!!!

We had an early supper because, as it turns out, none of us had had lunch. Bern made spaghetti sauce last week, so he made dinner. We also had caesar salad and garlic toast...yummy! When that settled, we dove into blueberry pie and ice cream. We had a wonderful visit and decided that next time they come out, it will be to stay over Saturday night and then we'll all go to church together.

Howard and Penny got back from their cruise - they had an awesome time. Penny is getting rid of the last of her furniture at her apartment and is preparing to move the rest of her belongings to Howard's. We're going to try to go to her apartment this week sometime. She gave us her patio furniture and a ceiling fan. Also, Howard gave us a dresser for the guest room which we have to pick up, so we're hoping to make it a round trip with an overnight stay at Howard's. We're all having "Hand & Foot" withdrawal!!!

I talked to James tonight. He's giving in his two-week notice at work as his new job starts in two weeks - sooner than we thought, so that's good. He's not sure what he wants to do for Christmas this year. He's not sure how much time he'll get off just starting a new job. Fran said they would be happy to pick him up and take him to Jan & Paul's for Christmas dinner if he decides not to come here. It's going to be weird being alone - we'll have to plan to do something - or NOT! We've still got time to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment