I talked to my mother last night. She's finally up and running with her email - thanks to Nikki, who is currently staying with her. It was fun reading Mom's email. I went for my check-up today and have to get the lab stuff done - you know, blood tests, ECG, urine - all that good stuff. PLUS, I have to do the home test kit for colorectal cancer. What a process! No, I won't go into the gory details. When Bern came home from his check-up with the kit, I thought to myself I'm so glad I don't have to do that! Dang!
The weather for the last couple of days has been spectacular! Warm and sunny - I love it. We need to be so thankful for sunny days and good health, don't we? My friend, Karleen, is having a very difficult time. She has not only been battling stage 4 lymphoma for two years, but is on a year-long interferon treatment for Hepatitis C contracted from a blood transfusion many years ago but only diagnosed after her cancer was diagnosed. She has 22 more weeks to go on the interferon. Also, today she spoke to her nurse, hoping for some encouragement, but she didn't get much at all. She is trying to stay upbeat, but is having a very hard time. She was in tears on the phone - it's hard to know what to say to cheer her up! She is so appreciative of prayers and wants everyone out there to know that. So, please keep praying for her.
I talked to James tonight, too. He and Emily have split up. I had a feeling it was going to happen - they just didn't seem to be happy anymore. It still hurts, but everything happens for a reason. Some good news is that James has a new job starting the end of December with Mr. Lube. It means more money (he doesn't know how much yet) and health benefits. They also offer a training program and "really cool work shirts", says James - they look like Nascar shirts. Fashion is important, too, right?
Soooooo, Obama is the new President-elect, huh? Well, I wish him all the very best. I hope he can do all the things he's hoping to do. I think his heart's in the right place. Anyway, President Bush did his best, too, and he brought the country together in it's most terrifying time - let's not forget that! Okay, I'm hopping off my soapbox now!
No comments:
Post a Comment