Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bern's starting to feel better!

Bern has been sick for almost a week now - coughing to the point of chest & head pain. But, it seems to be a little bit better today. He's also had the flu, I think. As a result, he was unable to visit Mike in hospital like he'd planned today, nor was he able to spend time with James. He will try to plan a day next week, though.

We went to get our flu shots today (a little late, huh?), but hopefully I won't get the flu. We also went grocery shopping and to Walmart to get a cheap little frame for a picture of Bern's dad's fire fighting crew - I think it was taken when he was about 20 years old. Bern had put the picture up on his desk yesterday, but in the middle of the night, it fell off and the glass broke. Bern must be feeling a little better, he's up in his office checking email!

We found out what's the matter with my car - it turns out to be a faulty catalytic converter. The dealership is ordering a new one and will call us to bring the car in to be fixed. The service person said she'd never seen one go bad like that in a brand new car and said it probably came off the assembly line like that - hmmmmm....so where's the quality control? Oh well, it will soon be as good as new (or in this case, better).

We talked to James last night. He sounds pretty good considering he and Emily just split up. He's planning to go to play paintball with about 20 friends on Sunday, so he's keeping busy. He's also looking forward to starting his new job next month.

I've been working on Christmas cards and gift tags. I was thinking I might have a sale in a few weeks. You know, just pass around a few flyers on our street and see what happens. I might just hold an open house one afternoon closer to Christmas - serve tea and cookies and see if I can sell some stuff. If I don't do it this year, I'm definitely going to make Christmas cards and tags all next year so I'll have a bigger inventory to offer. Anyway, I'm still just thinking about it for now. Tomorrow, I'll take some pictures of the cards and tags that are finished so far, and post them here.

Tonight - Survivor and Grey's Anatomy - hurray!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment