We got dumped on today - it ended up being about 3 inches when it finally finished. It's really pretty and we're so, so glad
we don't have to go out in it!!! This is when you really appreciate being retired!
Bern's office is finished and it looks great. He's very happy with it. I've been busy with my gift tags, but I need to get back to making cards - maybe tomorrow.



We're trying to solve a problem in our lovely home - condensation! Every morning we get up and have to wipe off the windows. We can't figure out why it's happening. I'm sure it will sort itself out, but Bern's gone on the internet to see what might be wrong. We're trying all kinds of things - closing vents in parts of the house and opening them in other parts; keeping the temperature in the house at a constant level and then not; opening the basement door and closing it. Oh boy - what fun!
Bern worked on the fireplace the other day and got it working - hurray! Then, the drain in the kitchen kept plugging up and draining slowly. He decided to take the plumbing apart and we pulled out about 10 drinking straws all covered in gunk! No wonder the water wouldn't go down. Now, the drain works like a charm.
I haven't any more news about my brother, John, today so I'm assuming everything is the same. We'll just have to wait for news.
No comments:
Post a Comment