After a quiet weekend, we welcomed the Feere family on Monday. They arrived around lunch time and stayed until around 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday. Payge and Cole LOVED the pool and came out just short of turning into little raisins! We all enjoyed the pool, though, since the weather was very hot and the water was refreshing. In between swims, games of Croquet and Bocci Ball were played. We had hotdogs and hamburgers for supper and the kids were in bed by 8:00 exhausted and happy! On Tuesday, we went swimming after breakfast and it's a good thing we did because around noon, the skies opened up and it rained buckets!! It was so good to see Wade, Becky and the kids - we haven't seen them for awhile. It's hard to believe that Payge is going to be 13 in September and Cole will be 10 in December! Only yesterday, they were babies!! I need you to pray for Becky, please. I won't go into details here, but she really needs us to pray about her health. Now, for a few pictures:
 |
| Those darn bugs!! |
Today, we had more company! The Craigs and Ginni came for the afternoon. We had a great time in the pool and just relaxing on the deck. They brought supper, too! Steaks, salad and corn on the cob - yummy! Bern BBQ'd the steaks to perfection. Ginni made a lemon merengue pie and I'd made a rhubard pie, so we had lots to eat! We never got around to playing cards - that would have been
too perfect. Just means they have to come back again.
Tomorrow, our neighbours down the street are coming over for a BBQ. Graham is going to look after our pool while we're away. He's a police officer and has a pool of his own, so I think our home will be in good hands!! He has a lovely wife, Julie and three little kids - a son, Riley and two daughters, Cassandra and Leah. They're all very sweet!
Saturday, I guess I'd better start packing, huh? We're leaving on Sunday to drive out to Montana - Yahoo!!!! The first night we're staying with Wayne and Lise in Massey and will be on our way early Monday morning arriving in Wolf Point on Thursday, just in time for Stampede. I'm planning to document our trip on here - so, stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment