Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Montana trip - Part 11

Since my computer's date and time are still on Eastern Standard Time, some of my posts are dated a day late - just in case you're picky that way! Yesterday (Monday) we did a bit more cleaning and tidying, then spent the afternoon playing cards. Bern's sore throat has turned into a proper cold. He's been doing some grounds work around Mom's house - cutting limbs off trees, trimming hedges and pulling weeds so we thought it might have been allergies at first. We had leftover stew from the other night for supper.

When we got back to Pat's, she told us that our friend, Sharon's mother had passed away that morning. The funeral is on Saturday, so Pat and I will go together.

Today was Cassie's birthday - also our niece, Ashley's birthday! - so after playing cards all afternoon again, we went down to Cec and Greg's for supper and ice cream cake. For appetizers, she served Johnsonville smoked sausage pieces in BBQ sauce - so good, and I'm only mentioning this so I remember it when I get home. Also, she BBQ'd corn-on-the-cob - she brushed on olive oil and paprika - very tasty. She also made a lovely salad of tomato, cucumber, little asparagus pieces with raspberry vinegrette and feta cheese, plus mashed potatoes and ribs. So, so good!
Greg, Bern, Dusan, Jeff and Aubreigh



River, my great niece, Cassie and Dusan's little angel

Grandpa loves this little girl!


Okay, now blow out the candles!! Go on, blow out the candles!! So, funny because they thought I was taking a still photo when in fact I was videotaping. Cassie was trying not to blow all the candles out in one big puff!! ,,,,,well, for some reason the video won't load! You'll just have to take my word for how funny it was. I'll try to figure out the video another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment