Saturday, July 21, 2012

Montana trip - Part 9

LOL! Well, I got all our motels booked for our trip home and realized that I was out by a day! I don't know how I thought Saturday was the 29th! Oh well, we're starting home on SUNDAY, the 29th. Our stops will be Jamestown ND, Duluth MN, Munising MI, arriving in Massey ON on August 1st for a few days before heading home to Welland.

Yesterday, we mostly watched the British Open all day and Bern installed a door bell for Mom. He also put together a wonderful crockpot supper which we shared with Greg and Cec. It was really yummy!



Today, we got a late start and got to Mom's around 10:30. My cousin, Linda had just called to invite us to join her, her daughter-in-law Brenda and her grandchildren for breakfast down at the Old Town Grill. We'd already eaten breakfast, so we went down for coffee.

On our way back, we went across the street from Mom's house to check out the house that burned the day before. It turns out it belonged to one of my classmates. I haven't seen Billy since high school, but he was very sweet. He said he remembered me as being the prettiest girl in high school! Kind of cool he said it in front of Bern! So, all afternoon I kept reminding him that he was talking to the prettiest girl in high school!!! LOL!

Greg and Cec treated us to dinner at a restaurant in Glasgow (a larger town about an hour west of Wolf Point). The name of the restaurant is called Durum.
Wow! What a pleasant surprise!! The food was amazing - we were very impressed! Bern had crab cakes as an appetizer that were to die for. Cec ordered an artichoke/cheese dip with the most fabulous homemade crisps. It was the BEST dip and chips appetizer I've ever tasted. My steak melted in my mouth and everybody else raved about their dinners, as well. So good! Mom refused to be in our picture, but she was with us!


Tomorrow, Pat's invited us for supper. She's also invited some friends of hers who are high school teachers. Apparently, their kids and Greg & Cec's kids are the best of friends. We have been assured we will have a great time with them and I'm sure we will!

We're also looking forward to church on Sunday. Greg, Cec, Alex (their son) and Daniel (their nephew) are playing the music for the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment