No pictures of our trip today. However, we're here in Duluth/Procter, MN and when we pulled in to the Americinn, Bern said we'd stayed there before. I had no recollection of the place at all, but he was adamant! It was only when we went into the Black Woods restaurant attached to the motel, that I started to remember it. It figures that I would remember food!! Anyway, when we got back to the room, I looked back on my blog from 2008 and, sure enough, there's even a picture of us having dinner here. He just loves it when he's right!!!
Today, we had a good day's travel - the GPS took us way out of the way, though. I had the destination programmed in using the "fastest" setting rather than the "shortest distance" setting, so the GPS put us on interstate highways to travel 75 mph instead of the 55 mph we travelled at when we drove out to Montana. It took about the same time, more or less.
Last night, in Valley City, there were severe storm warnings including 1 1/2" hail. We watched out the window as this white sheet of hail drifted by just south of our hotel. I was worried about my car, of course! We only got a sprinkle of rain - thank God! I took a picture.
Tomorrow, we'll travel to Munising, MI and then the next day, August 1st, we'll be in Massey. Looking forward to our little camping trip with Jim and Jackie, the Lachance family reunion on the 4th and then HOME! Already tired of living out of a suitcase!

No comments:
Post a Comment