Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So busy....so busy...so busy - and having fun!

I've been mentioning the club I'm part of called Niagara Women's Connection, a Christian women's club and that I'm the Vice Chairman of. Well, a few weeks ago, our Chairman suddenly resigned due to personal reasons, leaving me to stand in as the MC for our Annual Victorian Tea last week. I don't have a problem with doing that - and it went very well...at least that's what everybody said! We had an emergency meeting on Tuesday to discuss the future of our club - not only because we were without a Chairman, but because several other positions were also vacant. Praise the Lord, we came to some wonderful decisions. We're going to share the Chairman position! Also, we are going to reduce the number events each year from 10 to 4. That way, nobody gets too stressed out and we can focus on 4 even more wonderful events! I'll still continue doing our invitations, posters, and media, as well as chairing the events. Thought you might enjoy a few pictures of our Victorian Tea.










Well, this past weekend was so much fun, I can hardly get the words out! Fran, Ginni, Jan and Maggie all came out last Friday and stayed until Monday afternoon. I usually plan these visits for when Bern has a fishing or hunting trip planned, but he said to go ahead and plan it and he would find some place to go....turned out it wasn't so easy! It wasn't until Thursday night that he got hold of Herman and invited himself to go up to the cottage for the weekend! Whew!

Anyway, I had lunch ready for the girls when they arrived - breaded tilapia, green salad and a pasta dish. After lunch, we just sat around chatting and admiring Jan's presentation (with pictures) of her fabulous trip to Italy, Greece and Turkey! Beautiful! While we were sitting there, outside the sky opened and we had a torrential rain storm, which was fine with us - we were happy to just visit. For supper, we ordered pizza which we ate while watching a movie.

Saturday was spent out on the deck and in the pool! So fun! We read, slept, laughed and generally had an awesome, sun-drenched day! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day....okay it was made more perfect when we got out the cards and played Hand & Foot! I won the first round - hurray!




The Welland Rose Festival Parade was being held on Sunday, so we decided to go and watch it. I was expecting some rinky-dink little parade, prepared to be embarrassed, but was very pleasantly surprised. The parade lasted an hour and consisted of bands from all over the country, including bagpipes, and lots of floats! We loved it! After the parade, we walked back to the car which I parked quite far away. Our next stop was lunch at the Log Cabin in Fonthill. We really only wanted the bread pudding with whiskey sauce, but thought we'd better also have lunch to make it look good! The gift shop was closed by the time we finished lunch, so we were a little disappointed. When we got back home, we got the cards out again - this time, Maggie won.










On Monday, I'd made reservations for us to have lunch at the Berry Patch Tea Room in Ridgeville (only about 20 minutes from my house). It was kind of cold and windy, so when we sat down, the waitress brought us all blankets to put over our shoulders - so sweet! The girls LOVED the place and the food, so it's going to be on our list of places we have to go whenever they come to visit! After lunch, we popped back to The Log Cabin Gift Shop, which was open, and spent an hour or so just browsing and shopping before coming back to my house so they could pack up and go back to Oakville. Ginni was going to share her pictures with me and I with her, but we forgot, so when she comes out I'll post some of her photos on here, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment