Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a lovely weekend!

First of all, my cousin Linda and her husband Arnold celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend out in Montana. There was a big party which my Mom, Greg and Ces attended. Congratulations!!!

The girls left about an hour ago after a lovely couple of days just relaxing. They arrived Saturday morning around 11:30 and, after half an hour of catching up, we decided to go out for lunch. There's a wonderful little restaurant attached to a gift store in Fonthill that I've been to a few times. The food is great! We enjoyed a leisurely lunch and then went into the gift store to "look around". Of course, we did some shopping - we are women, after all!
Cards? Cards? Did someone say "Cards"? Okay, some of us enjoyed a few games of "hand and foot" - much more than the others (who wish to remain anonymous because their scores were SO LOW)! They all assured me, however, they weren't just letting me win because I've been sick. As a matter of fact, they said, that thought had never even crossed their minds. Maggie did win the last game.

We had a nice supper of salad, sliced turkey and ham, cottage cheese, chedder cheese, and all manner of low fat supper items and then we settled down to watch a couple of movies: Julie & Julia (loved it) and The Time Traveler's Wife (different and kind of confusing - you were right, Mom!) We went to bed around midnight and everyone slept like logs, except for me! It could have been the three cups of coffee I had for lunch, the cups of tea during the afternoon, or the chocolate candy consumed while watching movies. I don't know what it was, but I didn't fall asleep until around 4:00 a.m. - so frustrating! I'll sleep good tonight!!

This morning, I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast - very yummy! Then, the girls finished watching another movie call "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. They'd started watching it while I made breakfast, and since I didn't want to start watching it in the middle, I went upstairs for awhile. I made sure the cards were well shuffled when they were ready to start playing cards again. Playing cards is such a great social activity, isn't it? I love it! After supper and a final cup of tea, we hugged goodbye with plans to do this again as soon as possible.

I talked to Herman a few minutes ago. They had their meeting on Friday to try to determine the next steps for Judy. On Wednesday, they will go to another meeting at the cancer centre to talk about what might be done and also to see what would have to be done for Judy to be able to go home, which is what she wants to do. They would need home and nursing care, safety bars, etc. Herman doesn't think they will try chemo, since the cancer has gone too far, so they will be figuring how to make her the most comfortable. He's going to let us know when we can visit her.

Bern called on his way out of town on Saturday morning to say he'd just hit a huge turkey with his truck! Good thing he got his turkey license, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment