Thought I'd better update what's happening here. Bern got home Wednesday afternoon after spending a great few days up north with his friend. He got to go into our cottage to pick up a few things to bring home. He said everything looks fine - after the news that several of the other cottages on our lake had been broken into over the winter. While he was up there, he went over to see our friends, Ken and Dawn. Dawn has been really suffering from a neurological problem which causes her to have tremours. Her doctors can't seem to tell her the reason for what she's going through. So, please pray for her - that she gets some relief soon.
The weather has been quite cold but sunny, except for today - it's raining cats and dogs. Bern was going to go turkey hunting with Wade, but he's decided he's too old to be sitting out in the rain waiting for a turkey to walk out in front of him - so, I think they're going to go on Thursday instead.
Yesterday morning, I got up at 5:15 a.m. to go work in the kitchen at church. We had a great time making a huge breakfast for 60 people. We made peameal bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast...as well as cold cereal, muffins, fruit, juices and hot cereal. By 11:00 the clean-up was nearly finished so they said I could go home. They were so good at making sure I sat down every so often, so I didn't get too tired.
This morning before church, Bern went to open the front door and noticed a bird fly up and away from the door. On closer inspection, he saw that a robin has built a nest in my frontdoor wreath!! There are two eggs in the nest - I will document their progress with pictures - so stay tuned!
We talked to Herman last Thursday night. They brought Judy home and will have a hospital bed delivered to the house for her comfort. Hospice will come in for awhile every day to help, too. Herman says she sleeps most of the time, but when she has a good day (every now and then, she does), he will call us to come and visit.
I had an email from Penny to say the MS Walk went very well. Brad met his goal and he even won an award for having the biggest team in his community! Way to go, Team Brad!!! Here are a few pictures from the event. If you look closely, you'll see little Bella in her stroller.

No comments:
Post a Comment