Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clean bill of health!

I went to see my surgeon for my post-op checkup. He said everything looks good. I asked him how long it would take for my insides to feel normal again. He said it might take awhile, but that I could start back at Curves if I feel like it. I may wait another week or so.

Herman called to say that Judy is still in the hospital, very drugged and sleepy. He gave me her cell number so I could talk to her, which I did. I told her my mother sends her love and is praying for her. She said she hopes it works. She sounded very weak and groggy. They will be going to a meeting on Friday to discuss next steps as to whether she will be able to go home or into a care facility. I wish there was something I could do to help - it's all very sad.

I also talked to Jackie. She sounds a little stronger. She still has to keep going for blood tests to monitor her situation. Her asthma has made a comeback after three years and she's having to once again use an inhaler. Jim's managing his diabetes with insulin and watching his weight. He's lost almost 60 pounds!

We went to the movies tonight - we saw "Clash of the Titans". It was okay. Nice to get out for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment