I had a quiet, restful day today. I did go to the bank to pay our income tax bill - that wasn't the best part of the day, obviously. When I got back home, I called one of my friends, Bev C, from church just to check in since I missed church on Sunday. She reminded me that tonight was the semi-monthly $5 fellowship dinner. Of course, I went and had a great time! We had a full turkey dinner - wonderful! The Awana (kids) group meets following the dinner and this week was the big race. The kids and the leaders all made little cars out of blocks of wood and then raced them. It was very cute. I got asked to be a style judge, along with 5 others - my "car guy" husband would have been so proud. I stayed to watch the races until 8:00 - then, I decided to go home to watch "Dancing With The Stars". How the heck is Kate Goslin still on there???
Saturday morning, I'm working in the kitchen where our church is hosting a breakfast for the Hamilton-Niagara Baptist Conference. The menu won't be too complicated, but we have to be there by 6:00 a.m. - I can't remember the last time I saw 6:00 a.m., that is, where I actually had to be up and dressed by then!!!! Oh well, I can do it and it will be fun!
Bern just called. He will be heading home Wednesday morning. He sold one of his outboard motors to our friend, Ken, so he had to pick it up at our cottage and then deliver it to him this morning. He said he and Ray are having a good time - they went to see a friend of Ray's today who is building a log cabin way out in the middle of nowhere. They stopped and had a nice roast beef dinner on the way back to Ray's. Bern's going to help Ray with some chores tomorrow - digging a ditch, moving some wood, etc. I hope he doesn't throw his back out again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment