We just got home from our friend, Judy's funeral to find the following news about Solomon.
First, this email from Mom - Rick called a little while ago -- The bleeding was coming from a spinal artery? --anyway, if they hadn't found it, he wouldn't have survived. One arm is broken in two places -- a lot of teeth damage. I guess they ran into a tree (in North Dakota?) -- I don't know the fate of the other occupants. A friend had called Solomon and when he didn't call back, the friend called the Hiway Patrol. I would say that's a good friend -- right? Brandon is having a tough time with it all -- Linda got there and Emma is going to be there tonight. And if I can find a way I'll get there sometime --- he'll be in ICU for awhile. Anyway --- let us all praise the Lord again for His mercy!!! Love to you all and thank you. If you need more info, I think Rick has been in touch with Arnie -- also Ces said Liz is in the ER (baby coming?) and she'll clue me in later. Is there no end?
Next, from my brother Arnie - I talked with Rick just after lunch today...sounds like prayers are being answered. He said Solomon was bleeding abdominally, and required 4 units of blood until they located the bleed. Evidently it was an arterial bleed (very serious ) - they removed his spleen last night - pinned his broken humerus. He also has some teeth in need of repair when he's up to it...lung and kidney contusions..( those will heal ) but all in all, Rick sounds pretty relieved and obviously very appreciative of all the prayers and support...PTL....he said one of the three in the vehicle died at the scene..one is on life support in Bismarck, ND...pray for him too, ok?....thanks.
From my cousin, Bev (I totally agree - thanks, Bev) - I am in tears of joy and amazement at the goodness and power of God! To inspire that friend to call the Highway Patrol, to inspire the doctors to find the source of the bleeding -- it's all so phenomenally awesome. And yet why not? We all asked, and then we received, just like He said we would. Thank you, Lord.
Judy's funeral was very sad - I still can't get my head around it. There was a nice turnout for her family. Emma was doing a good job of holding herself together, only breaking down from time to time - once when Bern got up to say a few things about Judy. He even brought tears to my eyes. We took them all out for dinner before we came home. Herman is going up to the cottage to be alone for awhile to think about things. Bern's going to go up to help him with plumbing this summer, so we'll still have access to our lake.
Did I tell you? We sold our cottage to a lovely couple from Fort Erie. They absolutely LOVE it, which is what we were hoping for if we were going to sell it. I can tell you, if they weren't in love with it, we wouldn't have sold. Anyway, they asked us to please use the cottage whenever we want, because they're not able to go up until their vacation later in the summer. We'll see. We've had ten wonderful years up there - and, I'm sure we will miss it, but it's time to enter another season of life. We're hoping to do some things in the house and then we want to travel a bit - mostly to see family and friends - maybe Holland (Bern's always wanted to go there). Again, we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment