Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday!

We went to church this morning - the sun was shining and the snow was starting to melt. The service was wonderful with the sermon on the second to last chapter of Revelation. It talks about the new Heaven and earth - pretty exciting stuff!! Pastor Rene is such a wonderful teacher. We were pretty much clapping and cheering at the end - awesome!

And, could things get any better? YES! Our pastor's wife scrapbooks!! After the service, Christine and I got talking about a scrapbooking class that's going to be held next Saturday using scripture verses on your pages. I said I wanted to sign up for the class and she asked if I already did scrapbooking. She said she had been a Creative Memories consultant a few years ago - I was, too! Anyway, we had a great chat while Bern, the pastor and some of the other guys discussed unimportant things like the economy and world events. We finally left to come home around 1:30.

We've had a lazy day today, watching golf first and now we're watching the Super Bowl. I was looking forward to the commercials - there's been so much hype about them. But, of course, the Canadian government insists that Canadian TV commercials are broadcast in place of U.S. commercials. I think it's SO stupid. Oh well! I guess, at some point, they'll show up on a "best or worst TV commercials" program. I loved Jennifer Hudson's singing of the national anthem! I'm cheering for the Cardinals, but it's the 3rd quarter and the score is 17 to 7 for the Steelers - it's not looking too good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment