Saturday, February 21, 2009

A rare bird?


We have a little visitor to our backyard. It's been hanging around for about a week now. Bern's been taking pictures of it in hopes of finding out what kind it is. He phoned the local animal rescue to see if anyone was missing a pet bird. This one is the size of a large pigeon, is pure white with red legs and a red tail. It has a band on one leg. The person Bern talked to suggested we take a picture of it to the Audobon Society in West Lincoln on Monday. It gives us something to do!

I talked to Fran last night. She got back from England on Monday. Two days before she was due to come home, she got sick. She lost her voice and has been in bed all week on antibiotics. Of course, there's the added stress of just coming back from holidays and having to tell your boss you need another week off!! I'm so glad to be retired! Anyway, next Saturday we are invited for lunch with them before picking James up for his birthday dinner. His actual birthday is on Friday, but he has to work.

He's really stressed out about money, since his roommate is moving to Montreal and the guy that had promised to move in with James has decided not to. I don't think he's going to be able to manage the rent on his own - and still eat. Do you ever get to stop worrying about your kids? It's gut wrenching sometimes! So far, he's healthy (as far as I know) and he has an ally in Emily, so he's not totally alone. She's living at home with her parents trying to pay back a school loan while working part time and taking another course. I really wish James would go get a better job!!!

If you feel so inclined, I would really appreciate your prayers for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment