Thursday, February 26, 2009

More prayers needed, guys & gals!

I got an email from my mother last night. It seems we need to pray about some specific things. Here is an excerpt (the notes in blue are mine):

Got some more prayer requests --- Nobody has heard from Cassie (my niece who is serving time in a women's facility in Illinois) for a whole week and she usually calls at least two or three times a week. Also, Brady (my niece Liz's baby) is pretty sick again with I don't know what -- she had to take him to that lousy day-care again where he got so sick before. And Liz is having a tough time at work -- she's working part time at Bryans and because of Cassie, someone has accused her of taking some money!!! And a friend of Melissa's has a daughter with brain cancer and Melissa (my niece, Laurie's daughter) asked me to "think happy thoughts for her". And Ces (my sweet sister-in-law) is having problems at work also -- the guy that has the store is an alcoholic -- the really obnoxious type and she's having a time keeping her mouth shut and this long winter isn't helping. The sewer froze up a few months ago and they have to use a bucket -- and today the jerk moved a big roll of linoleum in front of the bathroom door so she has to close up the store and go someplace else. She knows she can call me but she doesn't.

I know you don't all know the people listed above, but if you find yourself with some blank spaces on your prayer lists (because God has answered those prayers) maybe you could plug in some of these?

My niece, Karen (the mother of Ashley & Courtney) sent me this wonderful email today that I'd like to share with you.

DEAR GOD:


I want to thank You for what you have already done.


I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking
you right now.

I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears; I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves; I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking you right now.

I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do
better.


I am thanking you because I am alive.
I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties.
I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles.


I'm thanking You because FATHER, YOU haven't given up on me.

God is just so good, and he's good all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment