We went to Welland today to visit our house and its former owners. They're selling off some of their furniture so we used that as an excuse to see the house again. I was worried that by seeing it a second time, I might be disappointed - I wasn't. I think I like it even more now! We're going to offer to buy their washer and dryer, a computer desk and a bathroom cabinet. They're going to live in New Zealand. They don't know anybody there, but have always wanted to live there, so while their children are still young, they've decided now is the right time. Her name is Laurie and she said she feels kind of bad to be leaving their house since both their boys were actually born in the house - they had midwives deliver them. I told them that if they come back in 10 or 15 years, and we're ready to move into the retirement home, they can buy their house back from us!!! She thought that was a good idea. Anyway, the next six weeks are really going to drag. I can't wait to move now.
James' apartment has been confirmed and he will move in on March 3rd - he takes possession March 1st, but the moving company charges a bit less on a Monday than they do on a Saturday. He's anxious to move, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment