Thursday, January 10, 2008

Legal again!

Bern and I traveled into the heart of Toronto this morning to pick up my Permanent Resident card. Every 5 years, the Canadian government has to verify who I am and then issue me a little, very official-looking, card so that when I leave Canada for any reason, they will let me come back. I could apply for dual American/Canadian citizenship and then I wouldn't have to go through all this, I guess. Oh well, I'm a legal alien again!

On our way back home, we stopped in to visit with Penny. She wasn't expecting company and was in the middle of colouring her roots - very cute! We had a cup of tea and a little chat and then came home.

Had a wonderful phonecall last night from Greg and Ces concerning our upcoming family reunion next July out in Montana. Looks like the planning has begun - and, I'm very excited to see everybody! We're hoping to have a big BBQ out at the bridge park and maybe an open house for friends to drop in to say "hi" while we're all there. I'm really hoping all my brothers can make it!! I had an email from Aunt Laura today. She and Bev were going to Dubuque together and she was looking forward to spending time alone with Bev. I told her that she and Bev should drive out to the reunion next summer - that would give them lots of time together.

There will be multitudes of interested buyers through here in the next few days, so we're trying to cope with all that. It's quite disruptive, but in the end, will be worth it - I hope! We've been poring over MLS listings, and a couple of homes look interesting. We will be taking a tour around southern Ontario next week when our agent returns from vacation.

Well, I guess I'll go downstairs and watch the Sony Open. Tiger's playing so that's always fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment