Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a joy!

We had a wonderful weekend with Wade, Becky, Payge and Cole. They arrived Saturday morning around 11:00 a.m. We had lunch - stew and homemade bread. Then, the guys took off upstairs to look at hunting and fishing pictures on Bern's computer, while Cole played happily with Uncle Bern's cars - actually, he only got to play with one which Uncle Bern gave him (he had two of that model). Anyway, us girls watched a really good movie called "The Miracle". It was about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. Of course, at the end the U.S. won gold, so my hands shot up and a big "hurray!!!" jumped out of my mouth. Payge, very seriously, looked at me and said, "it was kind of obvious they were going to win - the movie's called 'The Miracle'!!!" I love that kid!!!! We got a good laugh out of that.

We got talking about movies and which ones we'd like to see. I miss having little ones around - there's nobody to take to see the really good "kid" movies with. We decided we'd like to go see "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler, so we trooped upstairs to persuade the boys. They didn't struggle too hard. The movie was pretty good - Payge, Cole and I finished off a big bag of popcorn and pop. I thought I was the queen of popcorn - but, Payge matched me kernal for kernal!! When we came out there was a blizzard raging! Welcome to Welland!

This was really a movie weekend. After supper, we put on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". I'd seen it before, but nobody else had. I'd forgotten how sweet it was. This morning we all went to church together. The service was wonderful. We went to the Red Rice Buffet for a Chinese food lunch before they headed out for home. This little family is very special to us and we're very pleased they kind of like us, too. Oh! they brought us Christmas gifts - take a look! How appropriate, huh?














Now, I have to put some of these pictures of Brent and Tammy on here because not everyone is on facebook. These pictures were posted by Tammy. She arranged to have them taken as a gift to Brent in celebration of their 2nd anniversary of being together. Aren't they gorgeous??















No comments:

Post a Comment