Friday night, after the kids left and we played cards, Bern and Howard retired around midnight. Penny and I stayed up cuddled up under a blanket with popcorn and pop and cookies and watched a girlie movie until 2:00 a.m. She tried to get me to eat an ice cream cone, too, but I was strong!!! Fun!
Yesterday, we had a quiet day. The guys went out for awhile and Pen and I did the prep work for our post-Christmas dinner. She made turkey, stuffing - the whole works! It was great. Bern's been watching his all-time favorite event on TV - the Barrett Jackson Classic Car Auction from Scottsdale, AZ. It's on for a whole week and the last part was this weekend. After supper, we were all so stuffed! However, we did get in another card game before we all crashed.
It snowed pretty much all day yesterday and this morning, so we were watching the traffic reports closely before we started out for home. Our plan was to stop in Oakville to visit James, but when we got to his building, he'd left a message for us that he had the chance to go to "Monster Jam" at Rogers Centre (formerly Sky Dome). His friend had received two tickets for Christmas from his brother, but his brother got sick and wasn't able to go, so James was invited. They got to go into the pits and meet the drivers and pit crews, too! We would have gotten his message earlier had we turned on our cell phones - DUH!
It was probably a good thing that we came straight home because when we got here, we couldn't even get into our driveway, there was so much snow (at least a foot). So, we got out the shovels (the snowblower isn't working!) and we worked for about 40 minutes clearing the snow away. I just looked out there again and there's another 4-5 inches!!! Oh well, tomorrow's another day. We're happy to be home. We had a lovely visit, but there's no place like home.
I talked to Fran this afternoon and she's trying to get the girls together to come here next weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, depending on the weather. I can't wait! I haven't seen Maggie since way, way before Christmas and am really hoping she's able to come. Jan hasn't been out here since last spring - she'll notice lots of changes! Anyway, that's all the news for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment