OATMEAL RAISIN PECAN COOKIES
(I used walnuts and they were great!)
1 C flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (or a tad more to taste)
2 C Rolled Oats
3/4 C Butter/Marg (soft)
1/2 C White Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tbls. Vanilla
2 Tbls. milk or water
3/4 C Thompson or Saltana Raisins (yellow ones are best)
1/2 - 3/4 C Pecans (or Walnuts)
Sift flour, soda, salt, cinnamon together and stir in oats
In a big bowl, cream butter and sugars; add egg and vanilla
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternately with the milk. Stir in raisins and nuts.
Use a scoop or spoon to place on cookie sheet (I use parchment paper on the sheet - the cookies don't burn), press down a little and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar & cinnamon for a nice subtle crunch.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Cool on rack. ENJOY!!!
Sounds good! I wish I liked raisins!!! Hmmm... might try it without raisins.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of raisins... Did you know they are a GREAT cure for heartburn???
It's true!!!