This is the gruesome part - the doctor said that he didn't have any cortizone drops in the office so he would have to inject it. Dumb me thought, okay roll up your sleeve. Oh no - he injected it right into his eye!!!! And, not just once, but about 6 or 7 times. I couldn't look. I could see Bern's face getting paler and paler the more times the needle went in. Normally I love watching things like that - give me a good surgery on TV and no problem. But, watching it happen to someone you love - well, it was awful. The doctor said his eye should clear up in about 10 days, but that the iritis could migrate to the other eye so he'll have to watch for it. Also, he needs to have a supply of the medication with him if he travels anywhere in case it flares up again. We were thanking God all the way home.
Last night, though, we had a lovely time. We played cards - girls 1, boys 1 - so we'll just have to play again tonight to determine the winners. Bern stayed up until 11:20, but Pen and Howard and I watched the new year come in. We watched the apple fall down in Times Square and then we changed the channel to a Toronto station where the cast of Jersey Boys did 5 or 6 songs. I always loved the Four Seasons and actually got to see them in Buffalo many years ago.
When we got home this morning from the doctor, we got busy making pancakes, bacon, eggs and fruit for breakfast. We've just finished cleaning up and Pen and I are planning to do some crafting while the boys relax.
Thank you all so very much for your prayers concerning Bern's eye. I told them at the breakfast table that Bern probably did have glaucoma, but God changed it to iritis because of all the prayers!!!! They may think I'm nuts, but they love me anyway!
Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment