Friday, January 23, 2009

Can't wait for tomorrow!

My girlfriends are coming out for a visit tomorrow. Maggie will take the GO train to the Burlington station where Fran and Jan will pick her up after their Weight Watchers meeting. When they get here, we're going out for lunch together. I made a batch of oatmeal, raisin, nut cookies (recipe from Penny) and plan to put together a fruit and nut tray for snacking on while we play HAND & FOOT!

I can't remember the last time the four of us got to play together - it could have been our trip to Quebec City in May 2007!! TOO LONG!!! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the visit - I miss them. Here's a digital page I created of us playing cards in QC - we had such a good time, as always.

We went to see Bern's eye doctor yesterday morning. He's down to eye drops (steroids) only at bedtime now. The doctor said Bern is developing cataracts, too, which may explain why he seems to be having trouble seeing out of the affected eye. Although, when we read the side effects of the steroid drops he's been taking for a month, it's a wonder he can see at all! Scary!!

I talked to my mother the other night. She sounds good, but her car died a cold, lonely death! Thank goodness, Ces makes sure she gets out for groceries every now and then - God bless you, girl!! When Mom's computer is working right, she really enjoys hearing from us all. I just love hearing from her so regularly - without worrying about long-distance telephone bills.

Anyway, I'm off to bed - need to be rested up for all the laughter and silliness that's sure to come through my door tomorrow! I'll take pictures!!!

1 comment:

  1. I havn't played HAND n FOOT in years and years!!!
    I don't even remember how to play!
    Maybe I'll get Grandma to re-teach me when I visit again.

    ReplyDelete