Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trip to the Falls


Since we live so close to Niagara Falls, we decided to take a little drive today. What a gorgeous day we had! We found a place to park above the Falls and got out to take a few pictures. Then, we drove around trying to find a parking spot a little closer so Mom wouldn't have to walk too far. My goodness - it was so crowded, even for a Tuesday! We ended up coming back home and will try to go over again before Mom has to go home. It really is beautiful, though. You forget from one visit to the next! I lived there for a year when I first came to Canada and, of course, it's changed a lot in 40 years - the town, not the Falls. Anyway, I'm still fascinated by the sheer power of all that water rushing over that precipice and crashing onto the rocks below - it's really awesome!

When we got back to Welland, we drove down by the canal and found the loveliest park - we will certainly go back there with a packed lunch one nice day. We have chosen a very lovely place to live!

On the way home, we stopped at Tim Hortons and Mom and I got a Chocolate Brownie Ice Cap Supreme - oooooooooo.....very good! We'll do that again, too, before Mom goes home! We had a quiet afternoon, ate liver and onions for supper (Mom said it was even better than Filet Mignon - I must really be a good cook, huh?), and peach pie for dessert. We walked up to the mailbox to get the mail after supper - we count that as exercise. I have to plump up my mother - she was too skinny when she got here! Unfortunately, the plump is seeping onto me, too - and, I don't need it!!! The sacrifices I make for those I love, eh? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures and little movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment