I wasn't going to write today, but decided that quiet, boring days can have humorous bits, too. We had a quiet morning. Mom didn't sleep very well last night, so she tried to doze off to catch up. I did some tidying up in my craft room/office - shredding stuff. I even made a "thank you" card for my Mom to send to her church for helping with her surprise birthday party. I'm not thrilled with how the card turned out, so will re-do it. Mom says it's fine, but....no, I'll make another one.
This afternoon, I made a peach pie and while it was baking and we were all enjoying the heady aromas rising from the oven, I asked, "So, who should we invite over for pie?" In perfect unison, the answer boomed out, "NOBODY!!!!" They're soooooo spoiled! Mom and I played "Hand and Foot" - I won!!!! She probably let me win so I'd give her a bigger piece of pie. Oh well, whatever works.
Tomorrow, we're planning to take a little trip over to Niagara Falls for the afternoon. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and we really do need to get out for awhile. I mean, we have to shift our focus from food to other things!! We'll take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment