Friday, July 25, 2008

The pies are ready!


Mom and I went to WalMart today to pick up some yard games for tomorrow's BBQ. We got Badminton, Volleyball, and Horseshoes. Then, we went grocery shopping - that woman is definitely getting stronger. She was zooming around that store - I looked up and she was gone with the cart! Sheeeesh! When we got home, I made a blueberry pie and an apple pie. Mom's been earning her keep by doing dishes....honestly, I told her she doesn't have to, but she says she's happy to do it. She's started a craft project - it's a blanket/afghan that's woven - I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Anyway, I suggested that Bern should go pick up Wendy's for supper and he was happy to do it. After supper, he went back up to the mall where a rod run was going on. He said there was every car he'd ever owned except for one. While he was gone, Mom and I watched Disney's "Enchanted" - it was really cute! I don't mean to give away the ending, but everybody lives happily ever after....oops, sorry!

Bern sorted through all the stuff that came in the box of yard games, blew up the volleyball with this cute little pump - it looks like a miniature bicycle pump. I had visions of....well, never mind! After supper, he put up the badminton net in the backyard and we batted a few birdies around for awhile - glad nobody could see us but Mom! I'm sure we looked pretty pathetic, but she kindly refrained from saying so!

We're all looking forward to tomorrow! The weather network is calling for thunder storms. I would blame it on the fact we're planning a BBQ except I've given up trying to understand this weather!!! We'll have fun anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment