We got up this morning (at 6:00 a.m. again) and continued our trip west and are currently relaxing in a lovely room at the Americinn Hotel & Suites in Duluth, MN. The roads have been pretty good (only a couple of detours) and we only had a couple of tense (high blood pressure) moments. We are actually having lots of fun! The car has been running great and, Praise the Lord, Bern's back hasn't bothered him all the way here! I tend to stiffen up after a couple of hours. There a really nice restaurant called The Black Woods here at the hotel and the staff says the food is very good, so that's where we'll have supper tonight. We must have crossed a time zone because when we got to our room the clock said it's an hour earlier than our watches, so we got an extra hour.
This blog is intended to be a place where I can show my scrapbook pages and cards to family and friends, as well as a way to keep in touch. I hope you enjoy reading through the events of my life and seeing how I keep sane by crafting!!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Hey! We're having fun!!
Well, we got up early yesterday morning, 6:00 a.m. to be exact. After packing up the car and stopping at Tim Horton's for a breakfast sandwich, we were on our way. Bern drove some of the
back roads to avoid rush hour traffic - it was very beautiful. We carried on to the 403 and then to the 401. That's always a long boring stretch until you veer off to Sarnia. We got to the border around 10:00 a.m. and it took us almost half an hour to get across. Then, we headed to Flint and I-75 north (which is an amazing highway) once we did a little detour.
We had planned to stop for lunch in Flint, but decided to carry on to Saginaw, where we had hot ground steak sandwiches and fries, drowned in gravy - and I mean DROWNED! But, it was very tasty.
After lunch, we drove up I-75 to the Mackinaw Bridge - what a beautiful piece of architecture! We stayed at the Super 8 in St. Ignace. We went for dinner at a place down the road from the motel called The Flame. Bern had the perch dinner and I had prime rib. His perch was soggy and my prime rib was kind of a grey colour swimming in clear juice. It tasted okay, though. Bern watched The Bachelorette with me (now that's a good husband, huh?) Don't tell him I told you that!!! I'm sorry, but some people are addicted to chocolate, I happen to like some reality (?) TV.
We got up this morning (at 6:00 a.m. again) and continued our trip west and are currently relaxing in a lovely room at the Americinn Hotel & Suites in Duluth, MN. The roads have been pretty good (only a couple of detours) and we only had a couple of tense (high blood pressure) moments. We are actually having lots of fun! The car has been running great and, Praise the Lord, Bern's back hasn't bothered him all the way here! I tend to stiffen up after a couple of hours. There a really nice restaurant called The Black Woods here at the hotel and the staff says the food is very good, so that's where we'll have supper tonight. We must have crossed a time zone because when we got to our room the clock said it's an hour earlier than our watches, so we got an extra hour.
Update: We went to dinner at the Black Woods restaurant. Food was really good. I had a stuffed pork chop with garlic mashed potatoes, veggies and corn bread. Bern had chicken and ribs, garlic mashed, baked beans and corn bread. We are so full and now we're just lying on our beds watching Wipeout - very crazy - the things people will do for $50,000! Anyway, I'll try to write more tomorrow night. Happy Canada Day, everybody!
We got up this morning (at 6:00 a.m. again) and continued our trip west and are currently relaxing in a lovely room at the Americinn Hotel & Suites in Duluth, MN. The roads have been pretty good (only a couple of detours) and we only had a couple of tense (high blood pressure) moments. We are actually having lots of fun! The car has been running great and, Praise the Lord, Bern's back hasn't bothered him all the way here! I tend to stiffen up after a couple of hours. There a really nice restaurant called The Black Woods here at the hotel and the staff says the food is very good, so that's where we'll have supper tonight. We must have crossed a time zone because when we got to our room the clock said it's an hour earlier than our watches, so we got an extra hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PHIL & BERN,
ReplyDeleteHAPPY CANADA DAY july01/08
yummy,yummy I've got gravy in my tummy............................
After reading your menu,I feel bloated.You might run out of gas on the road but you won't starve.
It's great to ''see''and hear that you two are having fun.
BE SAFE
mike
THE EARLY BIRD GET'S THE GRAVY