Saturday, July 19, 2008

Quick update - we're home!

Just a quick note to let everyone know we're home. We were all so hot and tired that I didn't even feel like blogging! Mom's stomach was really, really bothering her and I was getting kind of concerned. She had decided to stop taking her pain medicine because she said it was making her stomach sore. When I told her calcium had the same effect on me, she stopped taking her calcium as well. She wanted to go to the grocery store with me, but I had to take her back to the car before we'd finished shopping. Anyway, she hardly ate anything all day and went to bed early.

This morning, it was like a new person had arrived! She looked 10 years younger, said her stomach felt great, had a breakfast of fresh berries, yoghurt and half a bagel....still felt good! Then, for lunch she and I split a sandwich...still good! I've got a chicken roasting in the oven and will make basmati rice and broccoli for supper.

We talked to James last night - he sounds great! He told me about a big drug bust in his building last week. He said it was very exciting and all the people with balconies on his side of the building were cheering on the swat teams. We're hoping he will come out next Saturday with Fran and Mike (and possibly Jan & Paul) for a BBQ - he's going to talk to his boss today to see if he can switch his day off.

We also talked to Brent in Taiwan. There was a huge typhoon over there. He said it was about 2 hours north of where they live. It was pretty bad - fortunately, his only exposure was through his TV set. He and Tammy will be here August 31st and his friend, Kimmy will pick them up at the airport. Can't wait to see them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment