Sunday, June 22, 2008
All week, I’ve been working on my scrapbook and have completed six pages. Saturday, we went to visit Mike (our friend who has a cancerous brain tumour. He went through a very rough patch three weeks ago as the tumour started to grow again and he lost his ability to speak. They put him back on steroids to try to shrink the tumour (which worked) and now he’s back on chemo every day. What a devilish disease this is!! Please keep praying for this family as they live these awful days.
We stopped in to see James at his work on the way to Mike’s. Of course, we noticed right away that he wasn’t wearing his glasses. He said he and Emily were walking alon
g, he had his head down and his glasses slipped off and onto the road. A car came along and ran over them crushing them to bits! He’s going to get new ones this week - sometimes you can get 2-for-1 if you play your cards right. He’s also promised to email me some pictures of their
Tomorrow, we’re planning to go to the plant nursery (we have a gift certificate from Pen & Howie) to pick out a rose bush (or two) for the front of the house. Then, I have to get back to my scrapping. I’d better start getting things ready to pack for our trip, too. I talked to Mom today. I asked her if she thought she’d be okay riding in the back seat for three days all the way back here. She said she thought it would probably be a lot better than riding on the fender!!! Especially since cars don’t have fenders any more. I love that woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment