We started out the day by trying to get the internet to work. We called Bell and FINALLY determined there may be a problem with our Wimax modem. I'm not totally convinced of that since I'm using it right now - attached directly to my laptop and not through the wireless router. The problem could be with the router, but I don't know - I give up. Anyway, Bell is going to send us a new modem.
Next, we took my car to the dealership to get it checked out for our trip, plus it was time for its 50,000 km checkup. Of course, they found numerous things wrong with it including a broken tie-rod (whatever that is) and it was going to cost us $600 to get it fixed as well as the oil change, new filter, and other things. Anyway, we were under the impression that our lease included a warranty for the full four years. We were told that the warranty was only for three. Bern, bless his heart, convinced them that we were duped and so the dealership did the repair work for nothing. Our lease comes due in January, so we talked with the salesman about the options we have available as far as leasing a new car now as opposed to waiting until January. I took a Pontiac G6 for a test drive and loved it. Who knows, we might be driving a new car to Montana!
We stopped at the nursery to look at plants. What a confusing process! I thought we'd just walk in, pick something out and that would be it. WRONG! First of all, there weren't many rose bushes to choose from - we waited too long. Next, we couldn't decide what else we wanted - so Bern decided we should go home, look at the garden, get an idea of what would look good and then go back to the nursery. We ended up buying a rose bush at Canadian Tire - it's really pretty! I've decided I'd like a cedar tree at the side of the garden to kind of frame it a bit. As soon as we're done planting, I'll take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment