Jan brought me a housewarming gift as well as a birthday gift - fragrance sticks, a lovely candle, soap dish (with 3 special soaps) and matching guest towels. Fran brought me a bath pillow. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I have the biggest tub! It's too long for me to lean back against the end without fear of sliding under the water. So, the pillow will come in handy. Anyway, I digress. On the way home, we stopped in at MT Bellies and the girls treated me to supper. I am so spoiled! Fran had a small steak and shrimp combo, Jan had a mushroom quesadea (not spelled right) and fries and I had wonderful BBQ ribs - too good!
We stopped in at Blockbuster and rented three movies: The Other Bolyn Girl, Jumper and The Golden Compass. I really liked The Other Bolyn Girl and I'd like to read the book.
This morning, Jan and I got up and watched 2 1/2 hours of Coronation Street while Fran slept. I forgot how much I enjoyed watching that show - now, I'm hooked again - DARN! Anyway, Fran had an appointment at the spa at the mall for an hour massage so she went over there at 11:00 and Jan and I sat outside in the sun. When Fran got back, we had lunch and now they've gone back home. We all had such a great time and they didn't want to go home! I told them to call in sick, but they decided it probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Next time, we'll do a long weekend - and make sure Maggie can come out, too. I love my friends and I'm so fortunate to have these wonderful women in my life.
Thank you for all your prayers for Fran. Praise the Lord she doesn't need to have any radiation treatment for the breast cancer cells discovered during her surgery! She still has to go for an MRI at the end of June as a follow-up, but her doctor is quite confident she will be fine. They will, of course, continue to monitor her closely. Again, thank you! We still need prayers for Karleen Lachance (cancer & Hep C) and for Mike Bonadio (brain cancer). Prayers are so very important!
Now, I'm watching the U.S. Open - and since it's a beautiful sunny day, I will go outside and sunbathe from time to time this afternoon. Bern comes home Tuesday afternoon and will, hopefully, bring some pickerel back with him!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment