We picked up our new car yesterday afternoon. It's so pretty! Bern drove his truck home and I drove my car. We celebrated by going to Boston Pizza for supper - we had salads. Of course I sat facing the window so I could keep an eye on the car in the parking lot.
Today we picked up a cedar tree, thanks to a gift certificate from Penny and Howard - thanks, guys! Bern planted the tree this afternoon - it looks great. The rose bush we planted the other day seems to be thriving.
We started packing today. My sister-in-law, Ces, keeps me up-to-date on the reunion plans. It looks like there will be lots and lots to keep us all busy including spending a day at Fort Peck, a family BBQ at the Lewis & Clark Bridge Park, the rodeo and then Cowboy Church on Sunday. We're also planning a surprise birthday party for my mother, who turns 84 this Saturday. It will be so great to see everyone. My brother, John is not able to make it - and we will really, really miss him! I can't wait to see all my nieces and nephews and all the "little ones".
James sent me some pictures of his and Emily's trip to the Bahamas, so I thought I'd put one on here for all to see. They had a great time! Who wouldn't?
This weekend, on our court, all the neighbors are getting together for their annual BBQ - they changed the date so we would still be here - nice, huh? Everybody brings their own meat and either a salad or a dessert. Bern will be helping to BBQ and I'm making a pie (haven't decided what kind yet). Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. That's all for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment