Friday, January 29, 2010

Mommy update!

Hi all! Your prayers are working - well, did we have any doubt? Anyway, I got a lovely email from my mother asking me to thank you all for your prayers. She is feeling MUCH better even though she hasn't actually tried any of the wonderful suggestions offered to her by many of you - yet.

Greg and Ces are also have a rough time. You know the wonderful pictures I was posting here of their "in progress" renovation of the flooring store they purchased last year? Well, the store has been broken into twice and the last time, someone actually drove their vehicle through the door! Mom says Ces is about ready to give up. It must be hard, but hang in there, Ces! We're rooting for you!!

Drat! Talked to James last night and found out his "girl friend" is just a friend. I know there's a perfect person out there somewhere for him. He's been working long hours and sounded very tired but contented for now.

I went and got my hair cut this morning and then came home and dyed it again. One of these times, I'm just going to let it go and see how much grey is in there - nah! I told my little hairdresser she could cut my hair anyway she liked, as long as it wasn't an old-lady haircut. She said she didn't cut little old ladies' hair. She's so sweet!! We decided in the spring we'd try spikes! Wait for it!!

Well, I've got to finish up Brent's 40th birthday card and get it into the mail this afternoon. Yes - you heard me right - 40. Can't believe it! Anyway, his birthday isn't until the 15th of February, but it takes so darn long for anything to get to Taiwan - that is, unless you want to sell off your first born to get it there faster. Wait a minute, he is the first born! Well, you know what I mean. So, before I go to Curves today, I'll mail his card and hope for the best.

We got a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday! Brad and Nev sent us a gorgeous framed photo of Bella in the arms of her Great Uncle Bern, along with a beautiful thank you card for Bella's scrapbook. Nev says every time they look through it, they see something different and the tears start anew and emotions overflow. I'm so glad they like it.

I've made a few more all-occasion cards, which I will just add to the previous slideshow (I'll probably do that for awhile) rather than create a new slideshow every time I have a couple new cards to add. Okay, I'm off and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment