Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jody update, et. al.

Just got an email from by brother, Rick. His daughter-in-law is very ill (I'm not sure of all the details), but he sent this update on her condition. Thanks for all the prayers!

Once again thank you for all your prayers! They are on the way home this afternoon and should see them this evening. The doctor removed both stints and will treat infection with antibiotics now. Apparently one of the tubes got blocked somehow causing the infection to rear its ugly head, but both were ready to come out. Whew! Maybe now the girl can get on with some normalcy?

It seems that Jody keeps running from the God we all know. Not sure why really. Anyway, it should be clear by now that God knows what He's doing so we'll continue to trust Him in all things, yes? Yes! :-)

Thanks again guys
Rick

I also talked to my friend, Dawn today. Her brother somehow contracted a blood infection through an injury to his hand. He's had a heart attack as a result. She said her father had also contracted an infection just prior to the heart attack that took his life. There are lots of other circumstances in her brother's life contributing to his situation. One of the things we need to pray about is his little 7-year-old son who is in the middle of this mess which includes both parents who are alcoholics. It's so sad.

Well, we had a lovely day today. We got up bright and early, grabbed a couple of Tim Horton coffees, got gas (for the car - not because of the coffee), and drove to St. Catharines to the big sale at Michael's Craft Store. Bern patiently waited for me in the car. I got a few things I needed, but the sale wasn't really that great. Anyway, we went to Pen Centre and walked around for awhile - they were having a big sidewalk sale. We stopped to look at some really nice men's winter coats. They were on sale for 50% off. Of course, the pre-sale price was $1000!! Ridiculous!! I looked on another rack at some hoodies and thought, hmmmm....I bet James would love these. Then, I looked at the price - get this...for a hoodie - $349!! Flimsy little T-shirts were $169. Guess what? We didn't buy anything. We went for breakfast instead.

From there, we drove to Port Colborne where Bern wanted to visit a hunting/fishing store he'd been to before. It's a pretty neat place, actually. I said to the sales guys, "Wow! It looks like Wild TV in here!" They laughed and said that's what they like to hear and somebody's obviously been listening when thought not to be paying attention.

This afternoon and evening, we've been watching TV - U.S. figure skating championships and the Barrett Jackson Car Auction. Quiet, but nice. Bern's neck and back have been bothering him a lot lately. One minute he's fine and the next, he can hardly move. I might have to go get some alfafa tablets - Dawn recommended them for Mom's arthritis - maybe they'd work on his back, too. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment for him on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment