Bern and I left to pick up James for his birthday supper. He was ready and waiting for us. Emily was there, too, but James just wanted to go out with us so she stayed home. I felt kind of bad about that, but it was good to have the time alone with James. We brought him some frozen food - homemade chili, beef stew and spaghetti sauce and some pasta and cheese, so he had enough meals for a week if he played his cards right. He was thrilled.
Anyway, we went out for supper at Trader Jack's (James' favourite restaurant). He had fish and chips, Bern had chicken wings and I had a lovely chicken carbonara. We had such a good time!!! James was very animated, funny and fairly confident that he will be able to manage without a roommate. We left feeling relieved and thankful to God for watching over him.
In the meantime, Tammy is emailing me the pictures they had taken at the photographer a couple months back so I can use them for digital scrapbooking. Here are a couple of my creations using elements from the "Kindergarten Crafts" kit created by Miss Mint, PeppermintCreative.com. Okay - this is really cool! Tammy calls us Mom and Dad and says she loves us very much and misses us. She can't wait to come back to Canada to visit. She's so sweet and I love being called "Mom" by my future daughter-in-law!!!!



We spent Monday afternoon with Brad, Nev and baby Bella. What a treat! Nev also brought her digital camera so I was able to get all her baby pictures so I can continue working on her baby album. It's so great to make "girly" pages! I'm so excited!!
We went out to get some groceries this morning and are looking forward to a nice weekend. It's supposed to be +10 Celcius on Saturday - downright balmy! Then, we get to go to church on Sunday - life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment