Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy day today!

On our way to Guelph today to take our income tax stuff to our accountant, we witnessed something very special and emotional. At every overpass from Welland to our exit at Hamilton, firetrucks and police cruisers with lights flashing were lined up. People with Canadian flags were waiting and watching from the overpasses and were stopped all along the highway. A young Canadian soldier, killed in a roadside bomb attack in Afghanistan, was being transported by motorcade home to St. Catharines to be buried. It was very moving - and we didn't even see the motorcade.

We went to the show tonight - it's cheap night - and saw Slumdog Millionaire. Boy, we have NO idea what struggles people in some other countries face every day! This movie is a real eye opener. Bern says HE's picking the next movie - he didn't like this one too much. It was nice to go out, though.

I've had several wonderful emails from our Tammy over the past couple of days. She's been fighting a bad cold. She and Brent went to Teipei to spend time with her parents since it was her mother's 50th birthday. They took her out to a restaurant for Korean food. She said Brent bravely tried some different foods...what a trooper! It's now the rainy season in Taiwan, so for the next two months, they will be soggy!

Now, I've finished a couple more "Bella" pages. I'm having a ball doing these! I used flower elements, background paper, paper clip and glitter by Correen Silke of www.silkescraps.com. The white flower borders are from a kit called Sweet Stuff by Designer/Creator, Shelle Pukas. The little icons (bracelet, pins, rattle and sleeper) are freebies and I can't remember where I got them from. I did the rest myself including the heart plaque and tags. Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment