Sunday, March 15, 2009

Please pray for my nephew

I don't have all the details, just a quick email from my brother Gary asking for us to pray for his son, Gabriel. He and a friend were found unconscious in their homes as the result of some drug overuse. He wasn't sure what they had taken. Gabriel was flown to Tucson Medical Center's ICU. Gabriel is 17 years old and lives in Arizona with his mother. My brother works in Illinois and was flying out today.

My brother, Arnie sent this update today: I just talked to Alyssa, one of Gabriel's step-sisters, and she says he's still on a respirator. They suspect he probably aspirated contents into his lungs at some point during his loss of consciousness. They have suctioned occasionally. At the time of our conversation, they were still waiting for the Dr. to update them on his condition. He is presently on medications that keep him sleeping...Alyssa said that Josiah (my brother John's son who is living nearby at the air force base) has been there and that he was going to pick Gary up at the airport this afternoon...she said that she appreciates so much, the prayers...God be with us all, protecting our loved ones, and watching over Gabe, Gary, and Gabe's family....love, Arnie.

As soon as I have more news, I will update here. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment