Monday, June 27, 2011

Settled in....for now.

Looks like I'm working on getting Bern fatter before I work on getting me thinner! Ye Gods! On Friday (mostly because we needed groceries and didn't feel like shopping), we went out for lunch AND supper! And, Saturday morning we went to the farmers' market where we indulged in pancakes covered with fresh strawberries and whipped cream - it's strawberry season here, dontcha know! We bought a flat of strawberries, came home washed, hulled and cut them up and made preserves!! I weeded my garden after we finished with the strawberries - Yikes! I pulled out at least three shopping bags full....nasty critters! Then, I finished creating and printing off the church calendars for Sunday.

Unfortunately, Sunday morning I didn't feel great so Bern delivered the calendars to church and then came back home. By the afternoon, I was good as new - little stomach bug, I think! This morning I went to Curves and had a great workout. I missed the exercise - no, really!

My niece, Aubreigh had surgery in Billings to fix a scar on her face. When she was just a little girl, a dog bit and tore her face and she's had to deal with a lot of meanness (kids can be mean) of being teased and called scarface. This girl is amazing and has the most wonderful sense of humor. Please pray that the surgery has repaired the scar. Here's a picture she posted on facebook today.
We have lots of things planned over the next while. Thursday morning we're on our way to Sudbury to stay with Bern's cousin Ted and his wife Lynn. On Saturday, we're off to Massey for a big 70th birthday party for another cousin, Luciene. We're planning to stay overnight with Wayne and Lise - Penny and Howard will also be staying there - should be fun!

Bern's ex-secretary, Kim and her husband Terry have invited us to visit their brand-new home, so we're going on July 21st and will stay overnight with them. I can't wait to see their house! I'm waiting to hear back from Fran and Mike. Fran retires from her job this week and is hoping to come to Welland for a few days in July.

Then......drum roll, please....it's back to Calgary - this time with my BFFs for our "girls' getaway". Our plan is to check into a motel, rent a car and travel around the area - Banff, Lake Louise, and all the other touristy sites we can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment