Friday, June 17, 2011

We shopped...but, we didn't drop!

Mom and I got up this morning and headed out for Williston. We treated ourselves to a great breakfast in Culbertson - and I mean great BIG breakfast. I ordered one pancake, 2 eggs and hashbrowns. The one pancake was the size of a very large plate and the 2 eggs and hashbrowns came on a separate plate! Mom ordered one egg, hashbrowns and toast and she couldn't finish hers either. After breakfast, we carried on to Williston. Besides a bit of road construction and having to follow a "wide-load" vehicle for a few miles, we arrived safely and ready to shop.

At Walmart, we picked out a little HP printer for Mom for her birthday. Now, she can print out coupons and recipes off the internet. She's thrilled! Almost as thrilled as she is with her new card shuffler - we just need to pick up some batteries tomorrow. I was a little worried that Mom wouldn't be able to walk far enough to do any serious shopping, but she agreed to use an electric scooter, which made our day so much easier. Now, she's a pro and used a scooter at EconoMart, too. In between Walmart and EconoMart, we stopped for a fabulous lunch at a restaurant called Trappers Kettle. We both had broccoli soup and Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, but the best part was the way the food was served - the dishes were so cool. I had to take pictures!


Our broccoli soup

The salad canoe!

Traps everywhere!




Inside the washroom - I just thought it was neat!
After lunch, we went grocery shopping and found lots of good bargains at Econo Mart. Mom had put a cooler in the trunk, so with a bag of ice we were able to buy meat and eggs without worrying about our two hour trip back home. When we got home, I called Bern to wish him a happy fishing trip. He leaves tomorrow morning and returning Monday. He was planning to spend a few days with our friend, Herman but now he's thinking he'll come straight home after fishing. I'll be back home next Thursday and then we'll be on our way back up north for a special birthday party in Massey.

Tomorrow, Cassie is planning to come up to spend time with me learning to knit. She's been trying to teach herself by watching YouTube. It's always easier to learn if someone can actually teach you one-on-one. She's so smart (she already taught herself to crochet), so I'm sure it won't take long for her to catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment