Anyway, Saturday morning we had a lovely surprise! Bill, Lynn and their little granddaughter, Amber arrived around 10:00 a.m. I'd sent Bill a message on facebook telling him we had talked about driving down to Billings with Greg and Cec on the weekend, but decided it wouldn't be a good idea, since we'd be traveling up to Regina the day after we would have got back. Also, I didn't realize the trip to Billings was so long - 5 1/2 to 6 hours! I asked him if there was any chance they could come and visit us - and there they were!! We had a wonderful visit and then they took us out for lunch at the Sherman Hotel. Bill said he's been thinking of making a trip to our area - and, invited us (me, Bern and Mom) to come and stay with them next summer and go sturgeon fishing!! I'm hoping we can make it happen. With big hugs and kisses, we said goodbye around 2:00 p.m.
![]() |
| Lynn with granddaughter, Amber (Levi and Ivy's little girl) |
We watched a couple of movies: Nanny McPhee Returns (fun) and Like Dandilion Dust (a real tear jerker!)
I was looking forward to Cassie coming up for a knitting lesson on Friday, but a family friend was going to be in town, so I think she got a little distracted. The friend lived with Greg and Cec's family as a foster daughter for awhile - so I can understand why Cass might want to spend time with her.
I can't believe that more than half my holiday is over - it's going way too fast!



No comments:
Post a Comment