Saturday, June 11, 2011

Made it!

Here I am in sunny, but cool Montana! The flight was okay...cramped and no food, but it got me here so I'm not complaining! I spent 2 1/2 hours in the Calgary airport before flying to Regina. My connecting flight gate was just down the hall from where I got off the plane, so I didn't have to wander around trying to figure out where to go next. I had a slice of pizza for lunch (I really couldn't eat it all - it was kind of lukewarm and yucky). The flight to Regina only lasted an hour, so it seemed to take no time at all.

Mom and Cec weren't waiting when I arrived, so I took the opportunity to go to the bathroom - when I came out, there they were! We stopped at a Chapters on the way out of Regina and had a wonderful choco-mocha-coconut ice coffee thing with cookies - too much sugar!!! Anyway, we got to the Montana border and got a really nice customs lady. She asked Cec if she had purchased or acquired anything (except her - pointing to me) while she was in Canada. Funny! We asked her if she could recommend a good place to eat in Plentywood. She did. We were just waiting to get our supper but Mom wasn't feeling very good and had to lie down in the car for awhile. The waitress packaged up her salmon dinner for her. Cec and I finished ours and Mom was feeling better by the time we came out to the car. Too much junk food for one day!!

Anyway, we got to Wolf Point around 7:30, I think. Cec dropped us off at Mom's and then she and Greg came up around 8:00 and stayed for half an hour. About 9:00 I took a couple of Sleep-Eze melts and by 9:30 I was out like a light. I hadn't slept since Tuesday night, so I was ready to crash out! I slept until 7:30 the next morning - great!

Friday morning, Mom and I went to the grocery store for a few essentials, drove around main street and noted all the empty stores. Can't believe this thriving little town I grew up in is so tired and dying! We popped over the the insurance company where my niece Cassie works and she was just coming out of her office - finished for the day. She went home to pick up baby River and came up to Mom's where I got to meet my gorgeous great niece! I really haven't taken any pictures yet - well I did take a picture of my room...I lied. We spent a quiet afternoon and had been planning to go out for supper - I've been craving a nice, greasy American hamburger! There's NOTHING like an American hamburger - this is where they were invented, after all! Anyway, my niece Liz phoned to say she'd made a lasagna and asked if she could bring us supper. We're so glad we said yes - it was wonderful. She even brought salad and garlic bread! She also brought my little great nephew Brady and great niece Sophia Grace! I just LOVE this.

I talked to my friend, Pat this morning and I'll be going over to her house Monday morning. Pat was my best friend in high school. I'm really looking forward to meeting her grandson who is visiting her for a month.

Today, we're going to my niece Nikki's for a graduation celebration for her son. The weather is a little unsettled so she's decided to have the party in the community hall. I will be taking lots of pictures - I promise! Then, later this evening we're going with Greg and Cec to my cousin Linda's farm for their annual Fiddling Contest. Linda's husband, Arnold (who passed away in April) started the competition many years ago and it's become a tradition. I'm looking forward to seeing Linda.

Tomorrow, Cec is planning a BBQ in the afternoon and then we're going over to her sister's to celebrate her little niece's 4th birthday. After the BBQ, we'll be ready for dessert! I'm trying to be good - really! I had salad for lunch!!!

That's it for now - but, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment