Monday we decided to make some cinnamon-raisin bread from our artisan bread stored in the refrigerator. Oh my goodness! So good. We had to eat some warm and fresh from the oven, then Wednesday morning we toasted some up for breakfast. I made two loaves, so one of them got wrapped up and frozen for later. Tuesday, I made up five little chicken pot pies complete with gravy which we put right into the freezer.
We decided the best use of our "spare" time should be spent playing cards, since Mom never gets a chance to play - and she does love it so!! I do, too, so it was an absolute pleasure for me. Besides playing cards, we watched lots of HGTV and Food Network programs. In fact, we watched so many episodes of "Chopped" I actually had a dream that I was on the show! It was a nightmare because I couldn't find any ingredients to complete my challenge - I was very frustrated!!!
Wednesday evening, Greg and Cec invited us over for a family BBQ. Greg BBQ'd sausages and shrimp, and Cec had made pasta salad, marinaded asparagus & mushrooms, with buns and condiments - so yummy. Cassie, Dusan and Joey & River were there as well as Alex, Aubreigh and Cec's dad were there. Liz was at work, so we took her some supper and I got to say goodbye to her there.
Here are some pictures of the gang:
 |
| Joey, Cassie, Liz and me |
 |
Back row: Aubreigh, Cec, Alex, Me, Joey and Cassie
Front row: River, Greg, Mom |
 |
| River with Great Grandma |
 |
| Joey, Cassie, River and Dusan |
 |
| River with Grandma and Great Grandma |
 |
| Photographer in the making! |
 |
| Solberg women! |
Well, to say I had a wonderful time wouldn't even come close! I had a chance to spend exclusive time with my mother and to connect with three of my six brothers, their wives and my lovely nieces and nephews. Everybody thinks they have the best family, but they've not met mine! I'm very blessed!!!
My trip back home was uneventful - other than the fact that we had to divert around a major thunder storm over Saskatchewan on the way from Calgary. The three-hour wait in Calgary seemed to go by quickly once I found a big, comfy chair close to an outlet so I could plug in my laptop...no internet, but I played some games to pass the time.
 |
| I glanced out of the plane window and was able to capture this picture of the sunset behind us reflecting on the wing. |
Bern was waiting for me when I got off the plane - he'd actually been waiting for about an hour. It was so good to see him. He looks thinner...and I'm fatter! I intend to work on both! Our friends, Ray and Shirley took good care of him - inviting him over for supper almost every day - bless their hearts!
So, now it's back to "real" life - my garden is overrun with weeds, so as soon as the rain stops I'll get out there and start pulling. I can't believe how many flowers popped out in two short weeks! Tomorrow is grocery shopping day!
No comments:
Post a Comment