Friday, September 10, 2010

OK...I'm still here!

I can't believe how fast September is going! We've decided to postpone our trip to Montana to next Spring. We've been so busy and have been traveling so much lately that we're just tired of living out of suitcases! Mom says she understands - Mom's do. Anyway, we will carry on with the rest of our renovations and get them out of the way. The drapes for my livingroom are ready, but I've asked the store to keep them until the construction of the french doors is finished. I'm hoping the contractors can start that job next week.

The church golf tournament is tomorrow - hurray! That's so much fun - we're playing partners with Pastor Rene and Christine again. Afterward, is an awesome dinner put on by one of the other church members and his mother. The dinner is worth the price of the golf game!!! This game will be good practice for us since we will be playing a professional golf course in a couple of weeks and we've actually only played nine holes of golf all summer! Last year, at a silent auction, we bid for and won a round for four at a beautiful golf course called Pennisula Ridge. We've invited Rene and Christine to be our guests. It should be fun!

I'm still working on my scrapbook of our trip to Taiwan. I just get a page done, and I check facebook to find that Tammy has posted more pictures! What a time we had, and when I look at the pictures, it's like being there all over again. My kids are so gorgeous - all of them!

It looks like Bern will be going moose hunting with the boys from Simcoe again this year, so I will arrange for the "girls" to come out for a couple of days. I'm really looking forward to seeing Ginny, Fran's sister, who is visiting from England for a couple of months! They're spending a week up north at the cottage of a friend, so I'm hoping they don't freeze. We're having typical Fall weather here - one day warm, the next day cold. Dare I say it...I'm kind of looking forward to winter this year - just to tuck in and do crafty things all day!

We talked to Penny and Howard the other evening. Howard's eye is coming along slowly - well, more slowly than Howard was prepared for. As long as it heals properly that's all we care! He will have the other eye surgery in a few weeks. Penny says Bella has a cold and is all stuffed up - poor little thing! I hope we get to see her soon - before she's all grown up! She goes to daycare every day and still takes swimming lessons. Nev, if you're reading this, I need a Bella fix - pictures will do for now! Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment