Thursday, September 30, 2010

Great day of golf!

Well, we finally got in our game of golf today. This was a silent auction win at the church in the spring to raise money for the youth group. Pastor Rene and Christine were supposed to join us, but Chris started work this week so Bern and I went on our own. The lovely lady in the Pro Shop gave us two guest passes to be used sometime this month - Yahoo! We had a great day. They paired us up with two older ladies who couldn't have been more patient with us. They were very good golfers and this was only our second game in a year! We had some good moments and some really sucky moments, but the scenery was spectacular and the weather was perfect. Bern has golfed on a lot of golf courses all over North America, and he said this was one of the prettiest courses he's ever seen.

The girls didn't come out on Sunday - I really didn't expect them to after I talked to Fran last week. She sounded really run down...battling a cold and then Dianne's loss of her sister and other sister's husband on the same day. Fran has always been very close to Dianne's family and so got herself very tired out trying to "be there" for everybody. Anyway, we'll be going to her house in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving. Then, the girls will all come here for a few days the following week when Bern goes moose hunting.

My friend Jan is scheduled to have cataract surgery on October 8th, but in the pre-op checkup, it was discovered that she has high blood pressure! If they can't get her blood pressure under control before surgery, they will have to postpone it. Not only that, her husband's mother in England passed away suddenly after falling and breaking her hip. It was only a matter of days, so they're all in shock. Please pray for Jan's health.

Tomorrow, Bern's taking his Jeep to Burlington to have a winch assembly installed. He's looking forward to spending some time with Mike while his vehicle is being upgraded. While he's gone, the contractors are coming to put in the french doors on the livingroom. I'm so excited - it's going to be so pretty. Then, next week the drapery store is coming to install my drapes. They've been ready for three weeks, but I didn't want them to put them up until the construction was finished. I'll take pictures!

Next, I'm tackling the kitchen. I've decided NOT to paint the cupboards. Honestly, I've gotten so much flak about it, I'm just going to replace the counter tops and put in a backsplash. Hopefully, that will spruce things up a bit. My bedroom and bathroom need paint, too. Hmmmmm....it's going to be a busy winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment