Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Canned tomatoes!

So I've got the canning bug! I went out and got myself a big pot, canning rack, bottles, lifter and lids. Tuesday, I canned 4 pints of crushed tomatoes which will be lovely in the middle of the winter when the tomatoes we get at the grocery store don't have any taste. I've been looking at jam and jelly recipes - is there no end? I'm working my way up to pickles and chutneys.

Please pray for my friend, Dianne. Her sister passed away last week and the same day her other sister's husband also passed away. Very, very sad. Fran has been helping the family out with arrangements and things, even though she's been fighting off a cold and flu herself. She, Ginny and Heather had been planning to come here on Saturday, but now (if she's feeling up to it) they might just drive down on Sunday afternoon for a little visit. Bern is going up north with Ray on Saturday to help him build a wood shed. They're planning to stay up there until Monday night.

My friend, Dawn sent a picture today of the damage caused by the severe storm that passed through the other night. They still have no electricity - but, Ken has a generator, so they should be okay. They lost a couple of trees but their cottage/home wasn't damaged. Pretty scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment